Some of the topics I would like to cover over the summer:
- Phase 3 - Soaked grains and nuts - I don't know what I was thinking - this should have been done over the winter, but there you are :) Hopefully this topic can be covered with some thoroughness over the next 6-8 weeks.
- Pregnancy diet - My daughter in law is about to deliver her second baby and my daughter is expecting in December. We have found some really wonderful and helpful diet information for pregnancy. Some of it is really important. I actually want to cover it in 4-5 different posts. Our local midwife will probably have to help me - when she explains things they make sense, then I cannot really repeat them very well. Both girls have kidney issues, but we found a diet that is so helpful. We took Dr. Brewer's recommendations and combined that with Sally Fallon's wisdom and came up with some good stuff.
- If you want to try any of his recommendations, go grass fed, organic and local. We have ramped up on the egg thing because of a wonderful enzyme that is in the egg white of a grass fed, fertilized chicken egg. The only thing is that you have to eat it raw. It is great in a smoothie.
- My sister came up with an amazing idea for a quick chicken coop. Take an old kids playhouse (she had one) and screw chicken wire to the windows. One window was left open, but we screwed a clasp to it so it can be opened and closed. the door had a latch put on it. They then took an old swing frame and wired chicken wire to it. Ta-da: Chicken coop with a little run that can be moved and the little run can be put down a garden row, which then also gave us a chicken tractor.
- My sister will need to do some guest posts.... she has been studying the chicken thing and is now the local expert. She came up with the cool new chicken coop (I need about 5 more of those old houses.... if you have one locally you want to get rid of.).... also we made a "chicken salad" using some old frames. We planted it and put chicken wire on top. The chickens will be able to eat the green tops, but not the plants. Stay tuned for this one. The stuff is just sprouting........ we are getting quails next and every 3 weeks another bunch of chickens hatches. We butcher our first bunch of chickens in about a month.