- Obtain some raw milk, produced in a clean, healthy environment by healthy cows or goats... grass fed is by far the best. Ideally, the raw milk for raw milk yogurt should be as fresh as possible.
- Heat one quart of raw milk to 110 degrees F as the first step to making raw milk yogurt. Remove from heat source after reaching 100 degrees.
- Add 2 tbsp. of live culture organic yogurt for your starter. Any organic, preferably (but not necessary) yogurt is a very good choice as a culture to make organic raw milk yogurt. Use a whisk to incorporate the yogurt into the heated milk.
- Pour milk into a quart-size mason jar or other glass container. I understand that a thermos works really, really well for this. Cover the raw milk yogurt with lid.
- Leave the raw milk yogurt in a warm (110 degrees F) place for eight hours. (thermos or yogurt maker or maybe a dehydrator or crock pot)
- Place your raw milk yogurt in the refrigerator to cool.
- Enjoy your yogurt. Add chopped fruit, homemade fruit preserves or vanilla extract and maple syrup to the raw milk yogurt if desired.
The Weston A. Price Foundation
Recipes from Weston A Price Foundation
Kelly the Kitchen Kop
Best of Health