One of the things that we have been making is yogurt. I didn't get pictures, but the process we have been using is:
- Heat your milk (gently) to 180 (I know - it is not raw anymore)
- Cool the milk to 120
- Add your starter
- Put it into some device to keep it about 110 for about 8 hours. I have been using my dehydrator. I have a box one and my glass pyrex baking pans slide right in. I can do about 2 gallons at a time.
- We like a custard type of yogurt, so I pour the whey out using a big colander and a dishtowel with a catch pan underneath. I drain for about 10 minutes, then move the yogurt to a bowl and whisk it with a wire whisk.
- Add fruit (I cook mine and sweeten with honey), a bit of salt, some vanilla and YUM! It will set up a bit more as it chills.
- Bottle it up for lunchboxes. We found 4 oz. glass jars that work great.
Everyone plays a part. It is a good way to live.