Thursday, December 2, 2010

Another new baby

Our daughter had a healthy baby girl two weeks ago.  She is sweet and very healthy, despite being almost four weeks early.  Sweet Gracie brings another grandbaby in the mix and I am so happy!

They came home two days after her birth, only to have us haul them to our son and daughter in law's house a couple of days later.  We were slammed by a big snow storm which brought down trees and power lines everywhere.... along with generally creating havoc within our county.    Exhibiting a sweet sense of hospitality, our "Dirtbikes and Dollies" kids hosted them for several days, and also hosted our family Thanksgiving..... they were the only ones with power.  Their story of this time is here

During this time, a dear friend took some wonderful pictures of the baby.  Thank you Jodi for the great pictures.  She also did a mini-session with my other sweet grandbabies.  What a sweet blessing. 

I almost feel like I can begin some routines again.  Our days are beginning to settle down as the snow slowly melts.  Yesterday I was able to drive into town in my car.  The internet and power are back on.

I confess, I miss my garden.  We were picking until the bitter end.  I am trying to learn how to make bear meat taste good.  (another story for another day).  I realized anew that clutter is not helpful, we can live with less, you can make wonderful meals on a wood stove, sourdough is amazing stuff when you have no power.  (crackers, bread, pancakes, muffins).

Today, I am just trying to remember how to organize my thoughts.  Thanks for being such a big part of our life.

Best of health to you
Cindy

5 comments:

  1. Oh, what a blessing Gracie is! Enjoy the peace and rest that snow brings, allow the quiet of the day to refresh my friend. Each season is food to the soul I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right Audrey. The several days of no power, no internet, no driving in or out, except with Joey, all four tires chained, chainsaw in the back of the truck, dressed to hike.... they were sweet.

    We had a lot of fun cooking simple, wholesome, slow food on the wood stove. OK, I cheated a little and used the travel trailer to cook brownies and a turkey for Thanksgiving (and maybe a shower or two) :)

    I am planning to try to embrace the season. I still miss running out for a couple of peppers, a squash and a few fresh tomatoes. Maybe the greenhouse will become a reality one of these days.

    I hope all is well with you guys. Enjoy your days!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a doll! How very blessed you are Cindy.

    A couple of years ago, we lost our power for 4 days...starting on Christmas Eve with a house full of people. We finished cooking our dinner in the garage on a propane cookstove and opened gifts by candlelight...my family said it was the best Christmas they can remember. It was also the stinkiest, but that comes with the power being out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, I think this was really a wonderful time. It was peaceful, that is for sure. Thanksgiving turned out really well.

    She is a doll, and is doing so well. She has gained 8 ounces so far, so she is coming along.

    I have not read your blog yet, but I hope your surgery went well. I'll go look now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy,

    She is just beautiful, I am glad everyone is doing well. We cooked on the wood stove for six days as well. Enjoyed boardgames and reading by kerosene light.

    I can't wait to meet her, she is so very perfect.
    Love and Prayers
    Sherri Ann

    ReplyDelete