- Boil some water.
- Put about 4-6 drops of Eucalyptus Oil into a bowl.
- Add fresh lavender and rosemary (crush in your hand first).
- You can use essential oil for the lavender and rosemary if you don't have fresh herbs.
- Pour the boiling water over the oil and herbs.
- Put a towel over the head of the person coughing, hacking, sniffling and generally being miserable.
- Have them breathe in the aroma for as long as possible. They might have to come up for air every so often.
- Switch to a hankie to save on tissues - hankies work fine.
- Tune out all complaining.
- Sick person enjoys a couple of hours of easier breathing.
- Repeat as necessary.
- We also use the Olbas line of products - Olbas Oil, Olbas bath, Olbas Inhaler and Olbas sports cream are staples in our household (kind of like Vicks without the petroleum). I get them from Vitacost - fast and cheap.
- You might also take a high quality beta glucan - we use one called Immunition. I know they are expensive - we only use them when necessary.
- Both of these are really what we use - I'm not endorsing anything.... this is just what we do along with links to where we get them.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Old time remedy for a head cold
Since both of our boys have head colds, I would like to share a great recipe for clearing up sinus, cough and stuffed up head kind of cold symptoms.