I would very probably use pine needle tea liberally if I had ANY virus.
So, in a bullet point list, everything I know about Pine Needle Tea:
- It is very cheap (free :)
- It is easy to make
- It is delicious
- Don't drink it if you are pregnant or nursing. Really.
- It is full of Vitamin A and C (in a natural form so everything surrounding them is there, complete)
- It seems to help your eyes
- It is an expectorant (if you drink too much it dries your nose out. Not my favorite)
- Our favorite is sugar pine (the one with the shorter needles)
- You can put pine needles in your bathtub for various ailments.
Here is how we make it:
- Pick pine needles
- cut them into smallish pieces
- put in container and pour boiling water over them
- cover and steep about ten minutes
- add raw, local honey if necessary